The UK Faculty of Health Informatics is a Community of Practice, established in 2005 made up of over 600 members from Informatics and Clinical roles within the NHS, from Academia, Social Care, Suppliers and Patient groups who have a real passion for ensuring that informatics makes a real and practical difference to care.
The Faculty's purpose is to stimulate the uptake and application of Informatics research and development within UK Health and Social Care services in order to improve the quality of care for all.
This is done through providing opportunities for anyone with a passion for applying their Informatics knowledge and experience in practice to participate in:
- an engaging online discussion forum
- vibrant webinars, face to face events and meetings
- writing relevant and stimulating reports and papers
- sharing their own research findings
- contributing an informatics perspective to future health policy